Saturday, June 15, 2013

Roast Chicken Casserole

Ingredients
Left over chicken - could be from the roast or I often use 3 or 4 left over drumsticks
Left over gravy - or if you haven't planned ahead and made extra, then you can just use a pit or something (ideally about 1/2 to 3/4 cup)
Left over stuffing  (ideally a couple of cups worth)


spreead shredded chicken over base of casserole dish
Pour in gravy and mix together
Sprinkle stuffing over the top and bake for 30 mins or until heated thru and possibly a little crunchy on to depending on your style of stuffing.


This recipe is super easy and fast, but to make it budget friendly you need to think ahead.  Plan for this meal in the days or so after having a roast chicken....or freeze the left overs and have it later.  I usually have a roast chicken buying the biggest chicken that is on special and fits my budget.  But I use up all the left over chicken on other meals!  So I freeze the left over stuffing and the left Over gravy.  "left over gravy?" you say "never heard of it!". Yes...it needs to be planned for, for my last roast I just made sure that I made a serious abundance of gravy, you can always just put out a small amount of gravy a save what you need for the other  meal.  For me, I usually find I have a bit of left over stuffing anyway, but I did need to make extra to make sure I would have enough for this meal.

I like to serve it with some roast veges, which I guess could be left overs too...maybe boil a few extra potatoes when you are doing mashed or roast and then freeze them before roasting or mashing them, and chuck them in the oven to roast when nyou do this meal.  And then something even, maybe frozen peas, or even a salad works well.

No comments:

Post a Comment